As a non-profit organization, the Center for Hearing & Speech is dedicated to serving people in our community and extends assistance beyond the usual limits. The Center frequently partners and collaborates with other non-profit and for-profit organizations to impact larger audiences.
The Center’s staff reaches out into the community to provide:
- Presentations on hearing loss and hearing aids for interested groups.
- In-services on hearing aids for caregivers, staff members, colleagues, family, any other interested parties.
- In-services about speech and language development and disorders/delays for staff and parents.
- Attendance at heath fairs, which may include hearing screenings.
- Speech and language screenings at schools and preschools.
- Full speech and language evaluations and therapy at schools, preschools, daycares, and Headstart programs.
If you are interested in receiving any of these community outreach services, please contact the Center.
Call to Schedule In-Service and Community Presentations or a Health Fair!
K.B. Frazier , Chief Audiologist, and Gina Cato, Chief Speech-Language Pathologist, are available to speak about a variety of hearing and speech topics. Please call the Center’s main number, 314-968-4710, and ask to speak with one of them to schedule a presentation.
In addition, you can contact Ann Munier, Community Outreach Coordinator, about a presentation or to schedule participation in a health fair.